Two days of hands-on learning, equipping you with the skills to grow food in your own home, no matter what shape or size.
This course will cover
- Soil health and composting: Meet the soil food web, build a small and large compost pile.
- Propagation techniques: Make your own seed raising mix, planting seeds, pricking out and potting up.
- Vegetable growing: Build a no-dig garden and explore biointensive food production.
- An introduction to market gardening including crop planning, extending your season and sewing seeds. These skills can also be applied to urban growing as well!
- A copy of The Practical Australian Gardener by Peter Cundall,
- Some organic vegetable seedlings to get you growing,
- Morning and afternoon refreshments, BYO lunch, and
- Skills and knowledge useful for the rest of your life!
For more info and to register, click here.
- September 12, 2015 at 10am – September 14, 2015
Hobart City Farm & surrounds
St Johns Avenue New Town
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Google map and directions
0418 307 294
$260.00 AUD · Purchase tickets