A one day introduction course designed for the beginner and novice beekeeper keen to have one (or a few) hives in their homes. We’ll guide you through the key foundations of bee theory and action so that by the end of the day you’ll be either ready to start on your bee journey, add to it or refine it.
This workshop will
Provide the theory you need to get started in beekeeping
Discuss the importance of bees in our food systems, key threats to their health and how you can help them out
Open a live hive so you can see how to manage and work with bees on a practical level
Introduce you to some of the simple and best tools to utilise as a beginner beekeeper
- A bee veil suitable as a “backup/spare” veil
- Morning and afternoon tea and treats (BYO lunch).
- A whole bunch of new bee friends and networks to stay in contact with.
- Course notes, jam packed with information to support you to be a gun beekeeper!
Find more information here: http://goodlifepermaculture.com.au/event/introduction-to-small-scale-beekeeping/
- October 29, 2016 at 9:00am – 5pm
Mixed venues - to be advised upon enrollment
Hobart, Tasmana 7053
Google map and directions
0418 307 294