Join Will Borowski from Forest Fungi for this full day of hands-on learning where he will demystify the process of how you can grow your own edible, gourmet mushrooms. You’ll walk away knowing how to grow delicious organic oyster, shiitake, enoki (and more) in your own home, plus a whole new network of fellow fungi enthusiasts!
This workshop will
- Take you through the basics of mushroom propagation, these principles can be adapted to most mushroom varieties, meaning you’ll be able to cultivate pretty much any mushroom you’re heart and taste buds desire.
- Show you how to inoculate logs with dowels and spawn.
- Show you how to grow mushrooms on straw, coffee grounds and a host of other compostables.
We send you home with an exciting show bag valued at $100 full of the following goodies:
- 5 petri dishes inoculated in class with a cloned mushroom
- 2 pre-made petri dishes of 2 different types of oyster mushrooms
- 2 bags of oyster mushrooms inoculated in class
- 1 inoculated log with shiitake dowels and grain spawn-students will get enough to make 3 more logs at home.
- Knowledge and a new network of enthusiasts so you can stay connected and keep learning after the course, and
- Free membership to the Forest Fungi Culture Club where you will receive exclusive access to harder to grow varieties, discounts on items and exclusive ongoing support from Will through the Culture Club facebook group.
For more information and to register, click here.
- November 21, 2015 at 9:00am – 5pm
Sustainable Learning Centre
50 Olinda Grove Mt Nelson
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Google map and directions
0418 307 294