We invite all members to our 2017 Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 26th September at 7pm at Sustainable Living Tasmania, 1st floor 71 Murray Street Hobart.
In addition to the formal business of the AGM (below) Margaret Steadman (Tasmania's Senior Australian of the Year, and Sustainable Living Tasmania Board member, life member, and former Executive Officer) will share her reflections.
Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP below for catering purposes.
- Confirm the minutes of the preceding AGM;
- Presentation of the 2016/17 Annual Report;
- Presentation of the 2016/17 Audited Financial Report;
- Appointment of the auditor and determination of the auditor's remuneration;
- Election of the members of the Board of Management (nomination form); and
- Amendment of the Constitution (see below).
Many changes to the Constitution are proposed. You can download the Constitution here. In this document you can see the current constitution (approved at the 2016 AGM) by switching to "Original" mode in the Review Pane of Microsoft Word. You can see the proposed changes and explanatory comments by switching to "Final: Showing Markup" mode. You can view the proposed new constitution by switching to "Final" mode. If you're not familiar with this functionality, check out this help page.
We're looking for people to join our Board of Management
Sustainable Living Tasmania is currently focused on two things:
- The Climate Solution project: Devising plans for Tasmania to play a leadership role in securing a safe global climate by becoming carbon neutral by 2035 and a net sink for the remainder of the century.
- Securing financial resilience through the development of two social enterprises that simultaneously assist households and businesses to improve their environmental impacts -namely Eco Home Guide and commercial energy consulting.
As such, the organisation would benefit greatly from having additional people on the Board of Management with skills and experience in establishing and developing businesses and/or social enterprises, as well as policy and strategy development in relevant fields (e.g. climate, energy, transport, agriculture, forestry, planning, industry, waste, etc).
If you are interested in joining the Board of Management, please contact Executive Officer, Todd Houstein on (03) 6281 9361.
- September 26, 2017 at 7:00pm – 8pm
Sustainable Living Tasmania
71 Murray St
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Google map and directions
- 12 people are going