By leaving us a gift in your will, you can help us create a more sustainable and resilient Tasmania, a place where communities can thrive in a healthy environment. We dream of Tasmania being a magnificent example of sustainability for the rest of the world and with your help, we can work towards that dream.
There are so many ways that we can take action to ensure a sustainable future for our planet and encourage others to do the same. The way we purchase, the way we communicate with people, the way we raise our children, everything we do can have a positive influence. Here at Sustainable Living Tasmania we run projects, events and other activities to help our members and supporters to gain skills and knowledge to live as sustainably as possible.
Our recent project highlights
- Inform: last year we provided free advice to over 600 Tasmanians by phone, email and in person. Thousands of our popular Sustainable Living Guides were distributed last year in hard copy and as internet downloads. We make tricky subjects simpler.
- Speak out: We provide unbiassed, up-to-date information about urban sustainability issues. We're advocates who attend most sustainability-related events in Tasmania. In fact politicians from all major parties contact us for advice and information on sustainability. We're also the people the media ask for impartial information for their stories.
- Connect and contribute: We regularly get our members together at all kinds of talks, events, workshops, expos and seminars so we can meet, share information, learn and contribute. Members are often the first to hear what's happening in Tasmania.
- Organise, administer and matchmake: SLT has helped numerous community groups to apply for and administer funding for their programs – from school kitchen gardens to Peak Oil (see Programs and Partnerships for more information)
We're making a difference and we need your help. People-power only works with the power and contributions of people like you. There are a number of ways that you can bequest, ranging from establishing a trust, through to leaving the residue of your estate after specific bequests have been left to family and friends.
Our bequest charter
As an environmentally minded organisation with a vision to build Tasmania into a magnificent example of sustainability for the rest of the world, we ensure that at all times the environment is our primary consideration. When you entrust us with a gift in your will, we ensure that:
- We acknowledge the significance of your wish to benefit Sustainable Living Tasmania as part of your last Will & Testament
- We understand that loved ones come first, and we encourage you to discuss you intentions with them before finalising your Will.
- We will always respect your privacy. We will not disclose any information you give us without your expressed permission.
- We will invest your gift responsibly and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact towards our vision.
- We would love to know that you have included Sustainable Living Tasmania in your Will, so that we can discuss any wishes you may have. Naturally, we understand if you decide not to tell us.
- We will give you and your loved ones the choice and opportunity to connect with the work we do, which is made possible by gifts like yours.