The long Tasmanian winters result in heating being the biggest energy cost in Tasmanian Homes costing around $900 per year*. Draught-proofing retrofits dont need to be daggy and can improve the performance of your heater and save on bills. Choosing the correct heater for your situation or optimising the insulation will also play a big part in the comfort of your home.
HOT WATER IS THE SECOND BIGGEST ENERGY COST IN TASMANIAN HOMES COSTING AROUND $450 PER YEAR*
Simple retrofits to plumbing fixtures such as showerheads can save on water bills and electricity costs. We can also give you the sound advice you crave when it is time to replace your hot water system. When the water is running cold we can help you choose between Solar Hot Water, Heat pump or Wet Back systems.
WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE ADVICE AND SOLUTIONS TO STAY WARM AND SAVE MONEY THIS WINTER
We've helped over 4,000 Tasmanian households in the last 3 years to reduce their energy bills by more than 10% and make their homes warmer! The Home Energy team can visit your home and make recommendations on the most important actions to stay warm and save money.
We have several advice packages:
- Walk and talk - Verbal advice to the householder.
- Walk, talk and report - a site visit, discussion and written report to guide you on the best spend for your money
- Full audit - a full level 2 energy efficiency audit and recommendations as per Australian Standard AS/NZS 3598:2000.
OR, WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU
The Home Energy team will visit your home and install a package of energy efficiency products including:
- Draught proofing: We can seal the doors and windows in your home. We are the only installer of 70 degree brush strip.
- Changing showerheads: Installing high quality Methven water saving showers
- Insulating exposed HW fittings - we insulate key plumbing fixtures including fitting a "valvecosy" over pressure relief valves
- Changing light bulbs to energy savers – replacing globes with new LED and CFL technology
To book or tailor a service to your needs call 03 62819364 or
Our happy clients say...
"The upgrades made my home more efficient and I have more money to keep the house warmer" Gwen, Risdon Vale
"My Aurora bill was half what it was last year" Joy, Ulverston
"We didn't have any mould this winter, thank you" Sue, Chigwell
"By managing drafts better and confining the space I heat, I've finally got a cosy lounge room, mostly heated by the sun". Kathy, Mt Nelson.
*Based on a 4 person Tasmanian home using 12,129 kWh per annum of electricity (www.energymadeeasy.gov.au). Assuming 50% for heating and 25% for Hot Water, Aurora tariff 42 = 14.907 c/kWh).