Can you help with the Festival?
The Sustainable Living Festival is our largest event and we rely on a team of volunteers to make it happen. Volunteering with the Sustainable Living Festival is a great way to utilise your skills to contribute in a meaningful way or to get valuable experience in an area that you are interested in.
We are currently seeking to fill the following volunteer positions:
- Promotions – We need help with getting the word out and getting people along to SLF 2012. Would you like to contribute to our liftout in the Sunday Tasmanian? Help us publicise specific components of the festival program to interested networks? Do some basic design tasks? Line up interviews and news coverage of the festival? If marketing and promotions is your thing, we would love to hear from you!
- Volunteer Coordinator – This person develops a roster for the weekend and then fills it with wonderful volunteers. You will also deliver a brief volunteer orientation and be the go to person for volunteers with questions over the weekend.
- Layout Master – We need help developing the layout plan for SLF 2012. Ideally this person can also be available on one or more of the bump-in days (7-9 Nov) to turn the plan into reality.
- Festival Program Assistant – Do people accuse you of knowing everyone? We need someone with lots of connections (or the willingness to contact people you don’t really know) to help populate our festival program with engaging presenters, inspiring speakers and dynamic performers.
- Social Media Communicator – Do you spend lots of time on facebook and twitter? If so, we would love you help in communicating exciting developments via our SLT pages and helping SLF connect with a wider audience.
- Design Showcase Coordinator – The design showcase has been a very popular component of the festival for the past 2 years. We are looking for someone to solicit artists to contribute to the showcase and then curate their works at the Festival.
- Video Editor – we have lots of footage from last year’s Festival, but we need help to edit into shorter clips that can be used on our website and youtube channel to promote SLF 2012. Can you help?