Tasmania's first community solar project was launched this month to raise funds to install 100 solar panels on the roof of Tastex, a not-for-profit knit mill, based in Glenorchy, providing meaningful employment and training to people with intellectual disabilities.
Support Tasmanians with disabilities AND the Environment by donating to Tasmania's first ever community funded solar project.
There are two ways you can donate.
1) Donate via Chuffed to maximise the immediate benefit to Tastex.
2) Donate via Corena Fund to support Tastex and future community solar projects in Tasmania and throughout Australia.
Detailed analysis of Tastex's electricity consumption pattern has showed that 30 kW of solar PV could save over $7,000 of their annual electricity bill. The factory has a flat roof suitable for frame mounted panels.
• The project has been developed with the support of the Waterworks Valley Community, the Tasmanian Renewable Energy Alliance and the Corena Fund.
• There has never been a better opportunity to support community solar in Tasmania:
• You will be supporting a valuable community enterprise.
• Successful funding of this project will demonstrate that the community is being proactive on reducing Tasmania’s reliance on fossil fuels and combating climate change.
• Funding of this project will demonstrate a successful collaborative model that can be used throughout Tasmania.
• As Tastex repays money invested in the project, it will be reused by Corena Fund to support other community solar projects throughout Australia.
- August 17, 2016 at 12pm – October 01, 2016
Tastex Knitwear Inc.
12 Mill Ln
Glenorchy , Tasmania 7010
Google map and directions